Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Injury

Leaving  out patients with my air cast
  I thought having a air cast would make life easier, at first I found really painful and constricting.
 I had been ok with managing the pain but took a few days to get use to it.
As the pain settled I started doing my physio exercises to keep some strength in my right thigh.

I was keen to try other forms of fitness, as my stitches and skin were healing nicely we looked into swimming . A friend had recommended to Robin London Fields Lido had really good facilities, clean, heated, good value and in the local area (what's not to like?).
Ahh... the fact that its a lido in winter!

We checked it out and I'm glad to say I was pleasantly surprised. I actually enjoy the outdoor swimming and it does help that we've had a reasonably mid winter.

Another form of fitness I could do is Kundalini yoga, unlike other styles of yoga which have standing postures Kundalini can have seated mediation, mantras and asana. The classes have a lovely healing quality to them and that's just what I needed.

Now I have graduated to other styles of yoga that can give a light stretch and lets me work on strengthening my Achille's tendon.

I'm now at 12 weeks and beginning to climb,   just top roping at lower grade indoors. Its a little frustrating to feel limited but some how we adapt to the situation and do what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment