Robin and I plan to base ourselves in Europe climbing and enjoying a simple life in our camper van named Stan.
Stan is a VW California, over the summer we took some trips to Dorset, Cornwall, Wales and the Peak District. We also were going to take a few weekend away in the winter months (Stan comes with great heating) but disaster struck.
Stan is a VW California, over the summer we took some trips to Dorset, Cornwall, Wales and the Peak District. We also were going to take a few weekend away in the winter months (Stan comes with great heating) but disaster struck.
In November I ruptured my Achilles' tendon playing netball in a social league and had to have surgery to have it repaired.
Ahead now was months of hard work to rehabilitate my Achilles' tendon and no climbing. I spent the run up to Christmas resting my foot, hobbling around on crutches and trying to remain positive.
Rehabilitation started with physio exercises, swimming and a bit of yoga. Now I am at the stage that a bit of climbing is possible and gaining more strength and flexibility.
Ideally we both would have trained over the winter months in preparation for our adventure but instead I have to focus on recovery while Robin has steamed ahead in ability and strength.
Ideally we both would have trained over the winter months in preparation for our adventure but instead I have to focus on recovery while Robin has steamed ahead in ability and strength.
![]() |
| My Air Cast Boot |

No comments:
Post a Comment