Saturday, 16 April 2016

Nearly time to go...

We're at the stage of moving through our check list and most of it is done, leaving on Monday.

Yesterday was my last day of work and it was very emotional. I worked as a children's nanny for the most loving and fun family who I have known for many years.
To say good bye was so difficult because I love all them very much. It's very difficult not to be emotionally attached when you work looking after children and giving them care and support.
I will miss them but luckily Robin knows how much I care for them and he will be as supportive as possible.

We've spent the last few weeks preparing the flat, getting the last minute things, notifying company's, cleaning and getting an inventory of the things we're leaving behind in our flat.
Our flat is now ready for a new family.

It's a little surreal and I can't wait to get on the road in Stan our van. Not going to work will take some adjustment and I'm sure at first it will feel like a holiday rather than an adventure.
Hopefully the adventure will evolve around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment