Wednesday, 5 October 2016

back in Verdon gorge and I soon discover that I still feel out of my league  again climbing here.
Its just so intense! I'm not fazed by the abseiling but I do find the climbing harder than some of the other places we've been to in the recent months.
Still there's no denying the beauty of Verdon and it's a nice place be.
We spend a week in glorious  autumn sunshine but  just after doing a few routes my hands and feet feel  the ache
The route of 6a+ Duex doigts dans les nez we did on a very hot day with its demanding situations transversing ,overhangs and a few other tricky moves had me shattered by the end.
It's been a pleasant week in Verdon but now it's time to drive further south to the Ariège
In the foothills of the Pyrenees the Ariège is beautiful on a sunny autumn day,lush green hills for miles around.
This is both our first visit to the Ariège region so the Calamès crag  near the village of Bédeilhac seem like a good place to start.
Lots of routes in a good selection of grades has us both happy for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment